You know when you buy a new cookbook or see recipes on Pinterest and think, “that sounds good,” but you never actually find the time to make it?
Well, sometimes us Confetti Sweets bakers actually make time. It’s a win win situation really….we save you from having to make the recipe, and we never know when the next cookie hit will be discovered.
This time we tested a chocolate oatmeal cookie—two awesome things in one recipe, how could you go wrong?
The recipe was mostly successful. It was a little dry, so we would suggest using a little less flour, or maybe try adding some melted chocolate to it as well to add a bit of moisture and richness! If you give this recipe a try, let us know what you think of the results. Also, if you have a recipe you want us to test, we would love to hear from you!
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixer and beat until creamed thoroughly.
- Add egg and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Once mixed, add the dry ingredients to the dough and mix until just combined.
- Add oats and mix.
- Scoop the dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes, rotate pan, and bake for another 4 minutes. Enjoy!